Monday, December 26, 2011

Exercise ADD explained

I had an epiphany this morning. I have planned to start an 18 month 5/3/1 cycle designed to get me up to a 315 squat, a 420 dead lift, a 165 press and a 225 bench. The epiphany came when I realized that I am in love with process rather than end goals because to get to a goal requires a certain amount of discomfort and work and by continually starting on something new I am able to avoid the really hard work that comes at the end.
I hate it when I discover something less than admirable about myself. Makes me think there might be other less than admirable stuff floating around that I have not confronted yet. Damn.
On to brighter things. I worked out today after a week off being sick. Things like strength and endurance go away rather quickly.

MONDAY'S WORKOUT
Row 5 minutes 715 meters
DROM
Straight leg raises 3 x 10
Row easy 2K just to get moving again 9:45.6
Push ups 12/10/10/8/6
Step ups 5 x 10 with 25 lb DB to 20" box

The weights that are coming up were derived by figuring out where I want to be in 18 months and then working backward from there subtracting 10 lbs per month for lower body stuff and 5 lbs per month for upper body stuff.
That leaves me with the following starting weights for the first cycle:
Deadlift - 240
Squat - 135
OH Press - 75
Bench Press - 135
These will be the numbers that the percentages are based on.

No comments:

Post a Comment