Sunday, August 14, 2011

W.T.F.

...and I mean it too. This is a hypothetical question. Why do I have to relearn basic lessons over and over? No need to answer. I know the answer. Yesterday's lesson was: If I don't sleep well, eat badly and am stressed out I will not have a good workout.
Yesterday:
W/U
500 meter row
5 pull ups, 10 sit ups, 5 dips, 10 squats, 10 push ups
DROM

AND THEN:
What was supposed to be a 2K row time trial. This was to function as a point of comparison for future time trials to see how I have improved.
What a train wreck. I fell apart at about 400 meters, considered quitting at 800 meters went ahead and finished in a blazing 8 minutes and 54 seconds. Nearly 1 and 1/2 minutes off my best to date of 7:26.
So did I learn my lesson? Probably not. I will make this mistake again. I am a stubborn sort and have to be reminded and prodded many times before I will finally internalize the message. I have suggested the use of a 2 x 4 applied to my head as a possible means of getting me to understand and take heed. Just write what you want me to learn on the board and wail away.
See ya Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment