Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sport of the Year

My sport of choice for this year is indoor rowing. I am going to try to qualify for the world indoor rowing championships in Boston in February. To that end I started my rowing program today. It consists of sprints on Tuesday, rowing uphill, put the back of the rower on a box and set the damper to 10, on Friday and a long row on Saturday. I'll keep you posted. Today's workout is:
W/U
500 meter row
Dynamic Range of Motion
5 pull ups, 10 sit ups, 5 dips, 10 squats, 10 push ups
3 sets of 7 weighted sit ups with 35 pounds
Row Workout
10 x 100 meters with 2 minutes rest
The intervals were kept at about a 1:30 pace
My goal is to get close to a 6:30 2K by the time of the tryouts.
Lets see what happens shall we.
see ya tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment