Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Unstoppable Force.

When the unstoppable force of my desire to blog daily encounters the immovable object of my abject laziness there is conflict. As with many things in my life I have the desire just not the attendant discipline for follow through. Just one of the many things I need to be working on.
A note on one size fits all training. My research has led me to the conclusion that in order to excel at a given task one must train for that task. As I have stated I am working towards qualifying for the world indoor rowing championships. To excel at this I must train the energy systems that are used. There is no truth, I am finding out, that if you train one system, say the anaerobic, and ignore the aerobic that you will be able to compete successfully in a competition that demands more of the latter. So with that in mind I am going to invest in a heart rate monitor and start training at specific percentages of my max heart rate. I am going to, in a word (or two), become specific.
Today's Workout:
Standard W/U
Burgener W/U (snatch)
8 x 2 snatch with the bar. Keeping these light until I feel the form is solid.
Row 10 x 150 meters. Kept them all between :27 and :31 with the pace between 1:39 and 1:45
Weighted dips 3 x 1 with 45 pounds
Reverse Hyper 3 x 5
A nagging pain kept me up most of the night so this workout was not stellar. Some nonsense in my hip.
stretching and rolling seem to help as does movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment