Friday, August 5, 2011

Depths of Decrepitude

I am 56 years old. Not scary old but getting there. In 2008, after a 15 year layoff, I decided to start working out. I was beginning the descent into decrepitude and couldn't take the idea. What got me back was crossfit. I found out about it from a trainer at a local gym and became obsessed. Most people that get into crossfit buy the package and become obsessed. That lasts anywhere from 6 months to several years. After that they start seeing holes in the process and drift away or, as in my case, they take the love of a solid old school training program, inspired by crossfit, and move into a more systematic pursuit of strength and conditioning. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my journey and to give anyone who cares to try the tools they need to begin a pursuit of their own. A few helpful places that will get you moving in the right direction are; Catalyst Athletics for good exercise demos and solid olympic lifting programs. My strength training of choice right now is Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 with pullups, dips, pushups, rowing and running thrown in for conditioning and assistance. I will be posting a workout each day for anyone who wants to follow along.
I am stronger now than I have ever been and plan to continue this trend. So welcome aboard and lets workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment