Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pick a Sport, any Sport

If I may be so bold the genius of my program is that it allows you to slot in time for sport training. I choose rowing but you can put anything you want in on your sport training days. The sport days are Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. So get to it and put in the time on running, biking, swimming, kayaking, curling and get better at it.
Today's workout is:
W/U
Row 500 meters
dynamic range of motion
5 pull ups, 10 sit ups, 5 dips, 10 squats, 10 push ups
Backsquat (my backsquat is pretty pathetic right now but its getting better)
5 @ 75
5 @ 90
5 @ 110
Bench Press
5 @ 75
5 @ 95
5 @ 115
Weighted Dips 3 x max with 45 pounds added
Weighted back extension 3 x 5 with 35 pounds added
I always do 15 to 30 minutes of mobility work, foam rolling and stretching after the workout.
I will cover Dynamic Range of Motion and some of the mobility work in a future post.
Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment