Monday, June 11, 2012

It Begins

I am currently in the process of putting together some longer posts on movement, nutrition and getting strong so stay tuned for those. Met another guy at 24 hr. Fitness doing a powerlifting program today. It is nice to see people getting off the body building roller coaster and focusing on getting strong.
I spent about half an hour putting together my workout this morning and then ran off to the gym and forgot my book. I depend on the book mostly so I don't have to keep extra stuff in my brain which seems to have a limited capacity.
Today will be the first day of 2 workouts. On Monday and Friday I am going to do my strength training in the morning and then go back to do the rowing in the afternoon.
MONDAY'S WORKOUT
Row 500 meters
DROM
Squat 5 @ 65/5 @ 95/5 @ 115
Deadlift 5 @ 135/5 @ 155/5 @ 185/5 @ 195/5 @ 225/5+ @ 255 (got 7)
DB bench 3 x 20  @ 35
Ab wheel 3 x 7
Reverse hyper 3 x 10
I may have mentioned that I am using the one rep max calculator to determine the number of reps I need to do on the plus sets to show progress and that seem to be a good idea. It looks as though the numbers are 7 on the 5 day, 6 on the 3 day and 5 on the 1 day.
I'll be back this afternoon with the row info. The workout is 4 x 10 minutes with a 1 minute RI and it is a steady state workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment