Monday, January 7, 2013

The Monday After

I decided to go on a hilly hike yesterday morning at about 6;45 AM and instead of doing something easier I went for 6.2 miles and that hurt. There were however no residuals today other than slightly tight calves.
There is a series of workouts by Mike Mahler being posted on the Breaking Muscle site that I am going to work on for the next month or so. You can follow along as well if you would like.

MONDAY'S WORKOUT
Elliptical 5 minutes
DROM
This was supposed to be three rounds but I just did one.
There is :45 seconds of rest between exercises and 1 minute of rest between the series.
Explosive push ups 1 x 5
Alternating renegade rows 1 x 8 each side
Double lockout OH press 1 x 6 each side
Low position lunges
Pull ups 1 x 7 (I did negatives)
Hindu squat 1 x 25
Hanging leg raise 1 x 8 with 2 second negative

I ended with a 500 meter row.
Most of these exercises are explained on Mike Mahler's site or you can just type his name into The Google and his videos will come up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment