Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Well It's About Time.

If you haven't figured it out I have been gone for a while. Went to Paso Robles, Santa Cruz and Compton and worked for a week. This further cemented the idea that work is overrated and undesirable. Had a lovely time at Crossfit Paso Robles. Sonjia and Ryan are the friendliest people I have met in the recent past so if you ever get out that way definitely stop by and say hi and get a workout in.
In workout news there is a site called Black Iron Beast that has a Wendler 5/3/1 calculator that will allow you to put in your numbers, choose your preferred workout and calculate a months worth of exercises. Makes the process really easy.  
And now on to the important stuff (me)

TUESDAY'S WORKOUT
Foam roll - IT band, hamstrings, quads, calves and upper back.
(a free e-manual from Mike Robertson on foam rolling and self myofascial release)
DROM

Row 5 minutes
Press 5 @ 45/5 @ 50/3 @ 60/5 @ 65/5 @ 75/5+ @ 85 (got 8)
I have decided to do the lifting first then the rowing then the bodyweight stuff because if I leave the rowing for last sometimes I don't do it.

Row 5 x 500/2 minute RI/10 seconds over race pace
Total meters 2500/Avg pace 1:54.2/Avg SR 25
1:55/1:54/1:54.1/1:54.5/1:53.8

Kb swings 3 x 10
Pull ups 3 x 3
Dips 3 x 1 (that's all I can do right now)
These were done on 1:30. ie KB swings at the top, pull ups at 1:30, dips at 3:00 and so on until all the sets were done

This felt really good and I am glad to back in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment